Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPads keyboard on screen (air 4)

My keyboard went funny one day. I only saw half of it. Then I found I could move it to see the rest. Then it resized and is the size of a phone keyboard.

it’s frustrating. As it floats.

i want the normal keyboard back.

Any ideas?

ive looked in settings for keyboard, and keyboard in accessibility. Neither one helped.

I’ve attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean by floating

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 2:54 PM

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 2:54 PM in response to Hate-making-user-names

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Feb 11, 2021 3:21 PM in response to Hate-making-user-names

Not all models of iPad have the Split Keyboard.

If memory serves correctly, the Split Keyboard was originally available on iPad models of 11” and below. Recent Apple documentation indicates that iPad models with a Home button support the Split Keyboard; this being a contradiction from reality as the 12.9” models of iPad Pro (1st and 2nd generations having a Home Button) have never had this feature.

iPads keyboard on screen (air 4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.