Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Preview Pane

How to reopen the Preview Pane in Mail

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:57 AM

The Correct Answer is, to grab the Dot in the middle of the bottom line bar of the window & slowly drag it up until you see the Preview pane below it. The PROBLEM is, being patient enough to effectively grab the bar's Dot! Until you move the Dot upwards, you haven't really gotten a hold of it. It is difficult to do, but I finally got it to work. My Sent Messages Mailbox was TOTALLY full, making it VERY difficult to grab & get it to move.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 2:57 AM in response to Bronzit

The Correct Answer is, to grab the Dot in the middle of the bottom line bar of the window & slowly drag it up until you see the Preview pane below it. The PROBLEM is, being patient enough to effectively grab the bar's Dot! Until you move the Dot upwards, you haven't really gotten a hold of it. It is difficult to do, but I finally got it to work. My Sent Messages Mailbox was TOTALLY full, making it VERY difficult to grab & get it to move.

Apple Mail Preview Pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.