Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my iPad Air 4 without a laptop?

My iPad Air 4th generation died and once I plugged it in, the restore thing came up and I tried to go to the website on my phone but it wouldn’t let me restore iPadOS. I do not have a laptop and I cannot access a Mac. What can I do about this?

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 9:31 PM

There is no way to do this without a Mac or Windows PC.

You will need to ask the help of close friends or family members, that own a Mac or Windows PC to help you.

Once you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application take you through the iOS device restore process.

Failing all that,

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad restored/reset by local Apple Store employees.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 9:31 PM in response to Alyssagrace19

There is no way to do this without a Mac or Windows PC.

You will need to ask the help of close friends or family members, that own a Mac or Windows PC to help you.

Once you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application take you through the iOS device restore process.

Failing all that,

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad restored/reset by local Apple Store employees.

Best of Luck to You!

How do I restore my iPad Air 4 without a laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.