Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Method Help

I bought an iPhone from South Korea and I live in Thailand. Whenever I try to make my payment methods valid, it always says that my payment method is unvalid. Please help me!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 4:32 AM

Criteria is not where you bought the device. What is the country that you have in your Apple ID,

Based on your country of residence or country you have selected under your Apple ID --> Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple ...

Ask your bank only one thing, i.e. if the Debit/Credit card which is issued to you is valid internationally.

Rest everything check at your end.

Check the following

1. The payment method that you are adding is of the same country as that of App Store Country on your iPhone
  2. You have valid payment plan / debit / credit card from an authorised bank from the same country as that of your Apple ID
  3. Learn more about family purchases and payments.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 4:32 AM in response to IneedhelpDG

Criteria is not where you bought the device. What is the country that you have in your Apple ID,

Based on your country of residence or country you have selected under your Apple ID --> Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple ...

Ask your bank only one thing, i.e. if the Debit/Credit card which is issued to you is valid internationally.

Rest everything check at your end.

Check the following

1. The payment method that you are adding is of the same country as that of App Store Country on your iPhone
  2. You have valid payment plan / debit / credit card from an authorised bank from the same country as that of your Apple ID
  3. Learn more about family purchases and payments.

Payment Method Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.