Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iPhone synchronization

Hello!

I have really annoying problem. I have a lot of music in my library and it is synchronized with my iPhone 8 Plus (the latest iOS). When I tried to synchronize it I got note that it is impossible to synch because of lack of memory. Then, when I made second try, all my music in my phone disappeared and Finder synch it again. It looks like it tried to add the same music which was already in the phone.

Does anybody know why it happened? Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 3:19 PM

wernieseinbrot,

Thanks for the update.

When you plug in your iPhone, does it sync automatically? If so, go to Finder while your iPhone is plugged in, and click the General tab. Look for Options and remove the check mark in the box next to "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected".

Then try syncing only what you'd like to add to your iPhone. This will guide you: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 3:19 PM in response to wernieseinbrot

wernieseinbrot,

Thanks for the update.

When you plug in your iPhone, does it sync automatically? If so, go to Finder while your iPhone is plugged in, and click the General tab. Look for Options and remove the check mark in the box next to "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected".

Then try syncing only what you'd like to add to your iPhone. This will guide you: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Cheers!

Feb 15, 2021 8:23 AM in response to wernieseinbrot

Hi there wernieseinbrot,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you're not able to sync music because there isn't enough space on your iPhone. We can certainly help.

Please follow the steps here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you're experiencing an issue with storage on your Mac, follow this: How to free up storage space on your Mac

Have a great day!

Problem with iPhone synchronization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.