Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open a .webarchive file

I'm using safari

I visit a webpage using a URLwhich I know from memory because it's a hidden page on a site that does not allow indexing. It works fine in safari and is actually a text file, I then click File/Save as , and A message says I cannot save this text file.

1. Why, what is the reasoning, that's bizzaire? But lets proceed,
  2. It says I can save the file as a WebArchive or "Both", When I click "Both" it still only saves 1 file, what's going on here
  3. What do I open the webarchive with so I can get to the text later when offline? Or was that the point? Basically the file won't open.

A bit lost, this works in Windows, but still learning to do stuff on MacOS.

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:26 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 15, 2021 3:39 AM in response to 6x6

Thanks, my actual use case was to copy the text file, froe the website's hidden URL (file browsing is disabled) onto my computer as a normal text document. Not to have a web archive, but this did work when I used Firefox instead of Safari so I did not have to select and paste the text into a file in the end.

But that does now make sense. cheers.

How do I open a .webarchive file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.