Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got software update notification macOS Big Sur

Will someone in IT/Systems see this post...I hope so?

I've been getting a software update notification from Apple saying "macOS Big Sur is available and will be installed later tonight"...it's been displaying this message for approximately 4 days now. I am concerned because I already have macOS Big Sur 11.2. Looking at the details of this update, it's Not an 11.3 version.

I don't think I should be getting this notification...please advise?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:51 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2021 4:14 PM in response to dialabrain

Can you give me a more clear explanation of what you mean by saying = "Have you closed the Notification"?

If you are trying to say = Did you install this new current notification of macOS Big Sur...

No, I have not installed this new current notification...my computer is set to do automatic updates from Apple but sometimes I have to force the install/update myself....this one, I am a little bit leary about installing because the details of this install doesn't note that it's a new version....my next version would be 11.3 (I have 11.2).

Got software update notification macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.