Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Rules Help Needed

I get a lot of email from online retailers offering sale codes and such. I want to keep these in my inbox to remind me of sales, but after a couple of weeks I want them to go away automatically. I can't seem to figure out a rule that can identify mail in my inbox from certain recipients that is older than 14 days and just delete it. If I use "any" condition, then it deletes all email regardless of age, if I use the "all" condition, I can't put multiple senders in the same rule. Do I need to create separate rules for each sender? Any guidance will be appreciated.

iMac, iBook, iPad, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 9:44 PM

jamien wrote:
I get a lot of email from online retailers offering sale codes and such. I want to keep these in my inbox to remind me of sales, but after a couple of weeks I want them to go away automatically. I can't seem to figure out a rule that can identify mail in my inbox from certain recipients that is older than 14 days and just delete it. If I use "any" condition, then it deletes all email regardless of age, if I use the "all" condition, I can't put multiple senders in the same rule. Do I need to create separate rules for each sender?

You might consider creating a separate mailbox for those e-mails and applying a rule only to that mailbox regardless of sender. I realize that would reduce your visibility of those e-mails, so might not be entirely satisfactory.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2010 9:44 PM in response to jamien

jamien wrote:
I get a lot of email from online retailers offering sale codes and such. I want to keep these in my inbox to remind me of sales, but after a couple of weeks I want them to go away automatically. I can't seem to figure out a rule that can identify mail in my inbox from certain recipients that is older than 14 days and just delete it. If I use "any" condition, then it deletes all email regardless of age, if I use the "all" condition, I can't put multiple senders in the same rule. Do I need to create separate rules for each sender?

You might consider creating a separate mailbox for those e-mails and applying a rule only to that mailbox regardless of sender. I realize that would reduce your visibility of those e-mails, so might not be entirely satisfactory.

Mail Rules Help Needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.