You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I move or restore content and contacts to a new iphone if my current iphone is damaged?

Can I move or restore content and contacts to a new iphone if my current iphone is damaged?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 7:54 PM

Yes, if you've been backing up your phone to iCloud or iTunes on your computer.

See this link to set up a new phone from the backup of your phone --> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies

Feb 12, 2021 9:27 PM in response to wise50

Did read what I provided? If you've backed up the phone, you can set up a new phone from the backup of your damaged phone. The link (words in blue) tells you how to restore a phone from an iCloud or iTunes backup. But that's only an option if you've backed up your phone. If you didn't back up your phone, most of your data is gone, unless you have iCloud sync on for things like Contacts, Messages, Photos etc. And if you didn't have that, then your data is ALL Gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.