Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Issue iPhone SE

Hi, Recently my old but very useable iPhone SE reaches 100% charge in about 1 hour but then it discharges completely within 2 hours even with little use!

It completely closes down and I can only restart and charge it after a "soft" reset. Then it charges up quickly but the exact same thing happens again.

However if I put phone on Low Power Mode it lasts on 1% for 3-4 days!!!!!

Any idea what might be going on? Is this a battery or software issue? Anything I might be able to fix?

Many thanks for any ideas,

MK

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:07 AM

Hi Mackirdy,

We see you're running into some issues with your iPhone's battery draining very quickly. We can certainly understand needing it to last as long as expected, and we'd be happy to provide some help.

We'd first recommend checking on the maximum capacity of the battery. This can be found in Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity. If this is listed as 80% or lower, you'll want to work on getting the battery replaced, as this would mean the battery is consumed. Be sure to also check for any text on that same screen that notes the battery has 'significantly degraded.'

If you need to get the battery replaced, you can use this link to reach out to Apple Support directly to explore your options: Get Support

If the battery's maximum capacity seems fine (above 80%), you can check out some steps here to maximize the battery life: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

There'll be some helpful tips at the top, and then a separate section for iOS devices.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 5:07 AM in response to Mackirdy

Hi Mackirdy,

We see you're running into some issues with your iPhone's battery draining very quickly. We can certainly understand needing it to last as long as expected, and we'd be happy to provide some help.

We'd first recommend checking on the maximum capacity of the battery. This can be found in Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity. If this is listed as 80% or lower, you'll want to work on getting the battery replaced, as this would mean the battery is consumed. Be sure to also check for any text on that same screen that notes the battery has 'significantly degraded.'

If you need to get the battery replaced, you can use this link to reach out to Apple Support directly to explore your options: Get Support

If the battery's maximum capacity seems fine (above 80%), you can check out some steps here to maximize the battery life: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

There'll be some helpful tips at the top, and then a separate section for iOS devices.

Take care!

Battery Issue iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.