Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar sharing with google calendar

I use Apple calendar, but my partner is an Android user. Nothing I can do about that. I would like her to use Google Calendar for events that we have in common. But I don't want certain shared calendars on my Apple Calendar to show up in our shared Google Calendar app. Is there a way I can choose which of my Apple calendars get synced to Google Calendar? As far as I can tell, it's all or nothing.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:51 AM

Hello Noelbailey,

It sounds like you would like to use multiple calendars. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

If you got o Settings > Calendar > Accounts you can choose which calendars you want to enable. Make sure to enable both iCloud and Google. This article can provide some guidance: Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts

Then you would go to google and setup the shared calendar with your partner. This article should help: Share your calendar with someone

Once this is complete, you should still have your iCloud calendar and your shared Google calendar.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 5:51 AM in response to noelbailey

Hello Noelbailey,

It sounds like you would like to use multiple calendars. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

If you got o Settings > Calendar > Accounts you can choose which calendars you want to enable. Make sure to enable both iCloud and Google. This article can provide some guidance: Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts

Then you would go to google and setup the shared calendar with your partner. This article should help: Share your calendar with someone

Once this is complete, you should still have your iCloud calendar and your shared Google calendar.

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2021 6:13 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks for that! Seems a bit complicated. At the moment I have Google Calendar on my iPhone. The way I set it, up it shows everything that's on my Apple Calendar - I've got four or five calendars - one for work, one for my adult sons, one for gigs, one for social, one for household stuff. I only want to share one of them with my Android partner. Is that possible?

Feb 16, 2021 12:52 PM in response to noelbailey

noelbailey wrote:

I only want to share one of them with my Android partner. Is that possible?

Yes. You and your partner need to have separate Google accounts. If you share access to the same Google account you both have access to the same data.

With you both having separate accounts you send your partner an invitation to one calendar only. Google has their own documentation how to do it. https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37082?hl=en

calendar sharing with google calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.