Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the MacBook M1 Pro Fan Turn On?

Hi community, do you own the new MacBook M1 Pro, could you tell me please, if I am just watching YouTube and emailing, will the fan be totally switched of, I have seen some YouTube videos, where they say that it never comes on, if your on light tasks, that would be really great, but could you tell me if that is true please, also, do you know if I can change the throttling temperature down to say 60 centigrade so I can stop the fan from turning on?

Kind Regards, and thankyou!

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 7:59 AM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2021 8:24 AM in response to SaturnVuk

SaturnVuk wrote:

Yes thankyou, I was aware about that, but could you answer the question that I asked, which was DOES is come on, on a light load.

Why do you care? If lack of fan noise is your primary, non-negotiable criteria, then get the MacBook Air. If you also want the Pro, then what other option do you have? I can assure you that fan on Intel machines will turn on. So if the Air is not a possibility, you don't logically have any other options.

Feb 13, 2021 8:51 AM in response to etresoft

HI there, I never said it was a non-negotiable criteria, what I actually said was the it would be "really great" if it didn't come on, and I thought this would be a good place to find out of people that actually use the MacBook Pro M1, also, the M1 MacBook air does not come with the amazing, and beautiful touch bar, that lights up, and can display all kinds of amazing things, which is something that I really wanted.

Kind regards.

Feb 13, 2021 10:06 AM in response to SaturnVuk

SaturnVuk wrote:

M1 MacBook air does not come with the amazing, and beautiful touch bar, that lights up, and can display all kinds of amazing things, which is something that I really wanted.

Do you actually have one of those? It has been one of Apple's biggest market duds in a long time. It is an interesting idea, and pretty easy to write software for, but people don't use it.

Feb 13, 2021 10:14 AM in response to SaturnVuk

SaturnVuk wrote:

I think its amazing, it looks super pro, its how you can see that its not the cheap air version as soon as you see the lovely touch bar.

But have you used it?

After your comment, I event went into my Keyboard settings to see what I can do with it. I am setting up this computer new again after a repair from the keyboard disease. There just isn't anything really useful there. It should me a bunch of other features I don't use. But on those times when I have to use it, because the old buttons are gone, it is more difficult now.

Does the MacBook M1 Pro Fan Turn On?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.