Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save or archive text messages on iPhone

How can I save a text message received on my iPhone SE?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 1:07 PM

Three ways that I know of and each method has its own benefits and drawbacks.

1. If you want to save and isolate a single message or a message thread then you can copy and paste it to another app such as Notes or Pages. I know, not very practical however is an option
  2. You can use iCloud for Messages. This option will synch ALL of your texts to iCloud and will synch across your other devices singed on to the same Apple ID.
  3. If you do not wish to use iCloud for Messages then you can backup your entire iPhone on your computer. This is an all or nothing approach without iCloud backups. Your entire iPhone backup will reside on your computer and you can restore any iOS device from it and that will restore your device in the condition that it was at the date and time of that computer backup.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 1:07 PM in response to rayfromclermont

Three ways that I know of and each method has its own benefits and drawbacks.

1. If you want to save and isolate a single message or a message thread then you can copy and paste it to another app such as Notes or Pages. I know, not very practical however is an option
  2. You can use iCloud for Messages. This option will synch ALL of your texts to iCloud and will synch across your other devices singed on to the same Apple ID.
  3. If you do not wish to use iCloud for Messages then you can backup your entire iPhone on your computer. This is an all or nothing approach without iCloud backups. Your entire iPhone backup will reside on your computer and you can restore any iOS device from it and that will restore your device in the condition that it was at the date and time of that computer backup.

Axel F.

How to save or archive text messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.