Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Sport Band for Apple Watch contain phthalate?

I've not been able to find an answer for this.

So far:

Another Communities discussion refers to refer to the page Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support which has a section titled "What's in the bands", but it does not state whether the material of the Sport band (Fluoroelastomer) receives additive phthalate during the manufacturing process. I know, hard to find, hard to know. But super important right now for health reasons.

For context:

Phthalate is already regarded as a toxic/carcinogenic substance in Europe and I imagine soon to be also regarded this way in North America (though the majority of soft plastic products here currently contain phthalate, including unfortunately almost everything labelled as "silicone").

In sum...

Anyone able to help with the question, I'd appreciate it so much!! (Does the Sport Band for Apple Watch contain phthalate?)

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 8:01 PM

Looking at Apples support site

(here- https://www.apple.com/support/assets/docs/products/watch/Restricted_Chemicals_for_Wearables.pdf) I have found That DINP, DIDP as well as other phthalates are restricted in use of wearables or and non-wearables that would be in prolonged skin contact. The page in reference is 20 on the above pdf.

So in short, no it doesn't use phthalate. Unless the variant you are concerned about isn't on the list.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 8:01 PM in response to Plum222

Looking at Apples support site

(here- https://www.apple.com/support/assets/docs/products/watch/Restricted_Chemicals_for_Wearables.pdf) I have found That DINP, DIDP as well as other phthalates are restricted in use of wearables or and non-wearables that would be in prolonged skin contact. The page in reference is 20 on the above pdf.

So in short, no it doesn't use phthalate. Unless the variant you are concerned about isn't on the list.

Does the Sport Band for Apple Watch contain phthalate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.