Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Air dead screen?

I have an M1 MacBook Air, less than a month old, thats video ceased to function (no backlight and no signal on external display), but I hear the startup sound so I know it’s turning on. The keyboard backlight seems to be out too. Happened a few hours after updating. This past week. I’ve got an appt at the Genius Bar tonight.

Doesn’t make sense. Never got wet. Never dropped. Protected with a shell case. I updated it... And I did have it connected to an external display the last time i saw the screen on, which did occasionally start having issues with losing signal after I updated.

At first, I thought maybe it was a bad screen but if it was just that, I should be getting signal to an external display. Am I wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 4:46 AM

Without seeing it in the real world there is no way we can guess what has gone wrong with your MacBook Air. As you have a Genius Bar appointment already arranged I suggest you don’t worry too much about it except to turn up on time so they can resolve your problem.

1 reply

M1 MacBook Air dead screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.