Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail merge - preventing me from going over to macOS

I have a MacBook Pro and would love to leave windows behind.

However!!

I currently use ms mail merge to fill in documents from an excel data source, one document at a time so not a mail shot. I can not find anyway of doing anything like this in macOS.

The reason being that I may have to send 4 or 5 long documents using the same data set, that fills in name and address amongst other things.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing this type of thing in macOS?

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 5:29 AM

The free LibreOffice, being an MS Office clone, can perform this functionality between its Excel compatible Calc spreadsheet, and Writer word processing application. The Writer user guide has 19 pages (Chapter 14) dedicated to Mail Merge.

Current versions of Word and Excel on macOS (either Microsoft 365, or single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac) also support this feature. Either of these solutions has been working on macOS for years.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 5:29 AM in response to Thinlysliced

The free LibreOffice, being an MS Office clone, can perform this functionality between its Excel compatible Calc spreadsheet, and Writer word processing application. The Writer user guide has 19 pages (Chapter 14) dedicated to Mail Merge.

Current versions of Word and Excel on macOS (either Microsoft 365, or single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac) also support this feature. Either of these solutions has been working on macOS for years.

Mail merge - preventing me from going over to macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.