You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch Control

So usually when I turn on switch control it plays the recipe but stops and won't continue unless I tap the screen. However many times I tap the screen is how many times it loops. For example, if I click once it starts playing and stops, but if I click 50 times It loops 50 times but stops. I just wanna know if there's a way to loop the switch control on iOS devices for an infinite amount of time so u don't have to click the screen to get it to loop. Please tell me, Thanks!

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 6:59 AM

It's currently not possible to infinitely loop recipes using Switch Control. You'll just need to keep re-activating it.

However recently I noticed that even if you activate it 50 times, it doesn't necessarily always do that because Switch Control would automatically reset after a while (it shows the screen where it says "recipe has been activated") and basically nullifies all the activations you've done prior to that. Haven't exactly found out the reason... anybody else encountered this issue? Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2021 6:59 AM in response to ConfusedAi

It's currently not possible to infinitely loop recipes using Switch Control. You'll just need to keep re-activating it.

However recently I noticed that even if you activate it 50 times, it doesn't necessarily always do that because Switch Control would automatically reset after a while (it shows the screen where it says "recipe has been activated") and basically nullifies all the activations you've done prior to that. Haven't exactly found out the reason... anybody else encountered this issue? Thanks!

Feb 16, 2021 2:05 PM in response to ConfusedAi

Hey there ConfusedAi,

We'd like to help get look into what's happening with Switch Control regarding recipes.

While you my need to contact Apple Support for further help, we'd like to try our best to help you resolve it now.

You mentioned that when using Switch Control for playing back a recipe, it stops playback, but it would be good to keep note of where exactly it stops: in the middle of the recipe, after the entire recipe is played, etc.

We first recommend a restart. While this may seem like a simple step, it does occasionally resolve several issues you may experience, like the one with Switch Control. This link shows how to Restart your iPhone.

We also found two resources that may help with what you described. We recommend going through each one in their entirety:

1. Use Switch Control to navigate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Set up Switch Control on iPhone

If you need more help afterwards, we recommend contacting Apple Support here: Get Support

Have a good one!

Switch Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.