Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mission Control

I have Mission Control on my MacOS 11.2 but not this? See screen shot.

https://postimg.cc/rz83k4hC

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 10:07 AM

15 replies

Feb 15, 2021 4:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I don't on my iPhone. This subject is laptop related. I have a Mac Book Pro and an external monitor. The only issue I'm having is that on my Mac laptop screen on the far right side I have a couple folders along with a Mac SSD folder. When I try to slide/bring them over to my external monitor they won't stay there, they jump back to my Mac monitor.

As for Mission Control, I have these 4 items checked.

Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use.

When switching to an app, switch to a Space with open windows for the app.

Group windows by app.

Displays have separate Spaces.

Feb 15, 2021 5:18 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Once I went to Stack By and selected from the dropdown None, Sort By then had None as a choice. I'm now able to drag folders from my Mac screen to my big monitor and they stay there.

Only remaining issue now is how do I get my big monitor to be the default screen because when I do a screen shot the image winds up on my Mac monitor instead of my big monitor. Any ideas on this??

Feb 15, 2021 5:51 AM in response to ScottKR24

If you are saving the screenshots to your Desktop probably the Finder will put them on the right side, and I guess is where your internal display is. Alternatively you could create a folder on your Desktop, place it where you want, and elect to save screenshots there (Command-Shift-5, click Options and choose where to save). You could also open a window showing this folder and place it in a convenient location on the second display.

Feb 15, 2021 10:14 AM in response to ScottKR24

Thank you for posting the image.

Is this screenshot of part of the internal display or the big external one?

Does the placement of the two displays in System Preferences->Displays->Arrangement agree with their physical relative position (i.e. the large display to the right of the built-in)?

Are you sure that the little menu bar in System Preferences->Displays->Arrangement is on the external display?

I have just tested this on my mac, and the moment I moved the little menu bar, all the icons on the desktop moved to the external display. I did not even have to change any Finder settings.

Mission Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.