You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X storage is full - tried everything

Hey everyone!

My Iphone X keeps clogging up space. It becomes very slow and all of a sudden my storage is filled with 39GB of other.. I've already deleted cache, reset my entire Iphone from the beginnen, deleted messages, mails, EVERYTHING.

I've reset my Iphone of Friday and everything was going well until today. It was suddenly very slow again and the GB went up by the second. Is there anyone who knows a solution to this?

We don't have any Genius bars close by :( Also my Iphone is 3 years old now so it's probably not covered eventhough it seems like a failure on their part?

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 10:42 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2021 2:22 PM in response to Naomii28

Hello Naomii28,

It sounds as though you're seeing a large portion of storage being used by other on your iPhone X, and experiencing a decrease in performance. Getting the performance that's expected from your iPhone is important, and you've walked through some great steps with managing the storage on your device.

There is a possibility that the health of the iPhone's battery may be impacting the iPhone's performance. You can find some great information about how the iPhone's battery and performance are related in the following article.

iPhone Battery and Performance

In regards to the storage usage you're seeing are you also getting storage full alerts?

We look forward to your response.

Feb 17, 2021 7:53 AM in response to Naomii28

Hi Naomii28,

Thank you for providing the battery health percentage. In the article that was previously linked, there's a section titled Your battery's maximum capacity. In that section it outlines that a normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of it's original capacity at 500 charge cycles. With the battery percentage at 88% that's a good indication that the issue may not be related to the battery.

The next step would be confirm that iOS is updated. You can find the steps for updating in the following link.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're running the latest iOS, or the issue continues after updating the next step would be to reach out to Apple. You can find their contact information via the Get Support website.

Take care!

Feb 16, 2021 11:17 PM in response to Eric--F

Thank you for your reply.

My iPhone isn’t even 3 years old so if the battery is already giving up, it’s really poor quality. My battery health is at 88%.

I don’t get any notifications. My phone just becomes very very slow and shuts down any app I want to use. Right now it says zero bytes for other storage but it also can’t calculate the other categories. Once it does, it’s full again.

Iphone X storage is full - tried everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.