Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My current email address is one of four on our family sharing. I need to set up my own Apple ID for my new computer, but I would like to use my email address (my husband has the main email address for our family sharing account). Can I do this?

Is it possible to use my current mac email address when I set up my own Apple ID? Right now it is one of 4 on our family sharing iCloud account. My husbands email address is used for our main Apple ID, so I am thinking that maybe mine is an alias. I would really like to keep my email address. Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 3:13 PM

If the email is indeed an alias and you would like to be safe and remove it before creating your own AppleID, you can do so by logging in (as him) into iCloud.com and do the following:

Change, turn off, turn on, or delete an alias

1. Click the Action pop-up menu in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. Select the alias in the Addresses list, then do any of the following:
  4. Turn off an alias: Select “Disable alias.”
  5. Delete an alias: Click Delete.
  6. Click Done.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 3:13 PM in response to BB066

If the email is indeed an alias and you would like to be safe and remove it before creating your own AppleID, you can do so by logging in (as him) into iCloud.com and do the following:

Change, turn off, turn on, or delete an alias

1. Click the Action pop-up menu in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. Select the alias in the Addresses list, then do any of the following:
  4. Turn off an alias: Select “Disable alias.”
  5. Delete an alias: Click Delete.
  6. Click Done.

My current email address is one of four on our family sharing. I need to set up my own Apple ID for my new computer, but I would like to use my email address (my husband has the main email address for our family sharing account). Can I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.