Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why not charging my iPhone if the charger is not original

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:53 PM

There may be an issue with the non Apple charger. Can you try another charger other than the two that you have? OR try charging another iPhone with the non original charger and see if that works.

You can also shut down your iPhone Xs and then start it again and see whether that works to charge it with the non original charger.

I would like to inform you that it is not a good practice to use chargers that do not have the Apple certification. Your charger(s) may be certified by Apple however if they aren't then try not to use them.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 2:53 PM in response to Jaysonreyes_01

There may be an issue with the non Apple charger. Can you try another charger other than the two that you have? OR try charging another iPhone with the non original charger and see if that works.

You can also shut down your iPhone Xs and then start it again and see whether that works to charge it with the non original charger.

I would like to inform you that it is not a good practice to use chargers that do not have the Apple certification. Your charger(s) may be certified by Apple however if they aren't then try not to use them.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.