Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Photo wallpaper shifting / semi black screen (Possibly a fix)

As mentioned, the issue being that when setting a Live Photo as the Lock Screen wallpaper, it would shift to the side and there would be a big, ugly chunk of the photo missing or chunk of black screen.

I saw this issue a lot and tried to reply to threads after having worked out a possible fix but wasn't able to, so my only option was to ask a new question in the hope that people with the same issue find this.

I have tested this with a few photos that had the same original problem and they all work fine now.

1. Edit the photo in the Photos app and hit "crop" in bottom right corner
  2. Then in the top lift corner, mirror the image horizontally.

This worked fine but if, like me, you want the photo to work the right way round, follow these steps...

3. Come out of edit mode so that you are viewing the photo normally in the Photos app, then hit share in the bottom left corner (box with upwards arrow)

4. Hit "Options" at the top and tick "All Photos Data"

5. From that screen, use the Messages app to send the photo to yourself

6. Save the newly received image

7. Set this as your live wallpaper, as you normally would from the Photos app

There may be a quicker way but, as far as I have seen every time so far on my 11 Pro and my old 6S, this does seem to work.

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:22 AM

There are no replies.

Live Photo wallpaper shifting / semi black screen (Possibly a fix)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.