Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or EtreCheck safe applications to download?

I believe there may be some adware/malware installed on my Mac. I've explored apple support community to get an idea of what I should do. However, I read one discussion ("Effective defenses against malware and other threats") that warned against installing antivirus/anti-malware programs. However, I've read other discussions that suggested installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or EtreCheck to check for and remove adware/malware.

Are those programs actually safe to install? If not, I should I go about resolving the issue?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:22 AM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2021 6:05 AM in response to Joseidon

It does take a while to learn a new system. This forum is a great resource for getting your questions answered. I'll leave you with another of my favorite John Galt tips on how to write a post that is most likely to get noticed and answered (not that there was anything wrong with this one!):

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or EtreCheck safe applications to download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.