Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness App on iPad with no Apple Watch

The Fitness app doesn’t even show up for me in the App Store now. I do recall previously being able to see it after searching but it said, “This app requires specific features not available on this device” or something similar. I have a 2018 iPad Pro running iPadOS 14.4, so that seems unlikely.

Is this because I don’t have an Apple Watch? I work out with the Fitness app on my iPhone without a Watch. It seems nonsensical that I couldn’t do the same with my iPad.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 12:40 PM

4 replies

Feb 15, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Khoi Vinh

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

See if Apple supoort tells you if you need the Watch, now, or not using Apple Fitness+ with an iPad.

And as far as I am aware, you still cannot AirPlay the Apple Fitness+ apps or the videos from an iPad, either.

Best of Luck to You!

Feb 15, 2021 2:53 PM in response to MichelPM

Fitness+ just works for me on iPhone, with no Watch. When I start a workout, it asks me if I want to work out without a Watch and I just select yes and I’m good to go. Previously I was not able to AirPlay workouts to the Apple TV, but as of the most recent software update, that’s changed. So in many ways you don’t need a Watch to use Fitness+, but there are still some illogical restrictions.

Fitness App on iPad with no Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.