Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes store purchases download asks for reauthorization

Part of purchased album from iTunes store works fine, some songs ask for reauthorization of the computer. When I put in my apple ID, it says, computer already authorized. I tried the UserControlSettings suggestion to lower the tab, reset computer & reauthorized the computer in iTunes - still not yet. working. Help please

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 5:30 PM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 5:30 PM in response to mmmmmmwright

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Feb 15, 2021 8:25 PM in response to mmmmmmwright

iTunes ; Authorize Computer

Windows 10

🎵 Apple allows you to authorize up to five different computers that you can play your content on . I have been using iTunes since 2007 so it's likely that I forgot to deauthorize

a couple of my previous iMac's and just hoped that I wouldn't get the message that you

did . That said , your Apple ID account page provides a summary section which lists the

number of computers that you have authorized . If you're maxed out on the authorizations

or one of them is a computer you no longer have , you need to deauthorize all , then authorize

each one that you still use . 🎶

( I'm on an iMac Mini ; 2018 )

itunes store purchases download asks for reauthorization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.