Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my touch screen doesn't respond to touch

My Ipad touch screen doesn't respond any touch

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:56 AM

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 1:56 AM in response to Lyn4239

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Feb 15, 2021 11:43 PM in response to Lyn4239

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on aluminium back of your iPad in small print right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space model of your iPad and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

my touch screen doesn't respond to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.