Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer everything fro my iPad 4 to my new iPad Pro

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 4:35 PM

These support pages should get you started with setup of your new iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from old to new iPad:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 4:35 PM in response to gailiemae

These support pages should get you started with setup of your new iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from old to new iPad:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Feb 15, 2021 5:02 PM in response to gailiemae

You maybe able to use the new Apple smart transfer method by linking both iPads over Wifi.

You will see this option presented to you when you get your new iPad Pro, when you are first asked to activate it.

Failing this, you may need to start by backing up your old iPad tiny o either Apple's iCloud ( you may need to pay for additional, monthly storage space ) or by connecting your old iPad Mini to an older Mac or Windows PC computer, running the latest iTunes or, if a newer Mac with a much newer macOS, use the macOS Finder to do the device backup and/or some other offsite, “cloud” data storage/backup services, like Google Drive/Photos, BOX, DropBox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Flickr ( for photos/images ), etc. to backup your old iPad data.

Then you restore this data from iCloud iTunes or macOS Finder to your new iPad Pro.

Best of Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.