You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen of death

I had my iPad plugged into my MacBook Air when I updated to Big Sur, now I have black screen of death on 2019 iPad. I have tried everything to get it to start. No battery charging icon when plugged into mains even after 1hr. Tried pressing home and on button for 30 secs and no apple logo, connected to laptop (cable into laptop first) and looked on finder but iPad not listed. I have absoubtley no idea what to do next

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 6:12 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2021 7:31 PM in response to tayberrietot

Hi tayberrietot,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with your iPad not working as expected and only showing a black screen, and we'd be happy to help.

To get started, have you had a chance to go through all the steps listed in this resource here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If so, then based on the information provided, and steps that you've gone through, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly at this link here: Get Support - Apple

From that link you'll want to choose iPad > Device Performance > Device frozen or unresponsive. From there you should see a few options to reach out, depending on your location.

We hope that helps.

Take care!

Black screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.