Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery charge notification

How can I turn off the optimum charging notification sound? It wakes me up shortly after bedtime to tell me when my phone will finish charging. Really? Annoying!

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 5:16 AM

Hi Robgyoung,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are experiencing a notification sound that seems to be related to optimized battery charging.

When this happens, are there any other notifications on your iPhone Lock Screen? Does this sound like the sound your iPhone makes when you connect it to the charger? If so, it may be due to a faulty cable. Try another cable if possible and see if the same thing happens.

Next, restart your iPhone and test again.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 5:16 AM in response to Robgyoung

Hi Robgyoung,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are experiencing a notification sound that seems to be related to optimized battery charging.

When this happens, are there any other notifications on your iPhone Lock Screen? Does this sound like the sound your iPhone makes when you connect it to the charger? If so, it may be due to a faulty cable. Try another cable if possible and see if the same thing happens.

Next, restart your iPhone and test again.

Take care.

Feb 20, 2021 3:05 PM in response to Robgyoung

Robgyoung,

You're right that there is no setting to enable or disable sound for this notification. There should not be a sound for the optimized battery charging notification so this may be related to something else such as the connection to the adapter or power. Try another power source, cable and adapter if possible.

If the same continues, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. You can reach out from Get Support or using the direct phone number for your region from Contact Apple for support and service.

Have a great day!

Feb 19, 2021 10:32 PM in response to mingoslkd

Sometimes there are other earlier notifications but not always, and they are set to be silent so don’t wake me. The “Battery will finish charging after 4:00 AM” message is definitely the one making the sound. I have looked everywhere for a setting to change it to silent but can’t find one.

I don’t think the cable or power is the issue but it could be as I live in Indonesia and power isn’t always stable. If it always happens after a certain hour at night, I suppose the state of charge when the power cycles might cause the message on the locked screen. What do you think, is that possible?

Battery charge notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.