Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't click on Google Ads in ANY Browser (2021)

When I clicked on an ad from a Google search I received the following error message..see below.

Does anyone of a solution to this really frustrating issue?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 8:06 PM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2021 7:44 PM in response to GuyMathias

Hello Guy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your message and screenshot we understand that you're unable to connect when clicking on an ad in a Google search result. 

If this is correct, begin by working through these troubleshooting steps: If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If the issue persists, be sure to test this with other websites. If it's occurring with all sites when using the Google search results, try typing in the address manually. 

If you're still unable to get a website to load, try these following steps:

1 - Quit all apps. If an app will not quit, follow these steps to force it to quit: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

2 - Restart your Mac: Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen > Restart. 

3 - Hold down the shift key on the left side of the keyboard as you click on the Safari app to launch it. This allows the app to bypass the last saved state. When Safari begins bouncing in the dock, you can release the shift key. Once the app is up and running, see if there is any change with the issue.

4 - If you're seeing the same results, restart in safe mode and test again: How to use safe mode on your Mac

5 - If still occurring in safe mode you’ll need to create a new user, sign into that new user with your information, and test it out again. This article will show you how: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know the results.

All the best.

Feb 17, 2021 8:46 PM in response to GuyMathias

GuyMathias Said:

"Can't click on Google Ads in ANY Browser (2021) When I clicked on an ad from a Google search I received the following error message..see below. Does anyone of a solution to this really frustrating issue?"

-------

This is Not a Domain:

Google this, and you will see that the domain does not exist.

Google Search Queue: site:googleadservices.com

Screenshot:

Can't click on Google Ads in ANY Browser (2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.