Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error while reinstalling Sierra

Hey!

Ran Mac OS Sierra and then I tried to update to Big Sur:

Got stuck with that error, so I erased my hd (with the disk utility). And tried to reinstall Mac OS X.

If i press cmd + R the installer gives me the following error:

“The Installer information on the recovery server is damaged.”

If i try other boot options (cmd+shift/alt+R) the installer wont start, it just gives me à black screen with an Apple url and -1007F.

The mac is a mbp 2017 13”.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:26 AM

This error message " If i try other boot options (cmd+shift/alt+R) the installer wont start, it just gives me à black screen with an Apple url and -1007F. " indicates there was No Active Internal Connection.

Suggestion, if you want to go back to Sierra - earliest method would boot in Recovery Mode ( Command + r ) immediately at restart and attach the Time Machine Backup and Restore from Time Machine.

Should a TM not exist - consider Make a Bootable Installer as per Apple Support Doc. If this route - be sure to open this link and link in next page using Only Safari as FF / Chrome will not work

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 2:26 AM in response to joakim87

This error message " If i try other boot options (cmd+shift/alt+R) the installer wont start, it just gives me à black screen with an Apple url and -1007F. " indicates there was No Active Internal Connection.

Suggestion, if you want to go back to Sierra - earliest method would boot in Recovery Mode ( Command + r ) immediately at restart and attach the Time Machine Backup and Restore from Time Machine.

Should a TM not exist - consider Make a Bootable Installer as per Apple Support Doc. If this route - be sure to open this link and link in next page using Only Safari as FF / Chrome will not work

Error while reinstalling Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.