Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Box - Resizing Handles - On All 4 Sides, or Just at the Top & Bottom

I work in Keynote editing PowerPoint presentations for my organization. I am still a beginner with Keynote. I've noticed that the text box style on the slides I work on (converted from .ppt) appears to be random. Some have boxes with 4 resizing white dots, one on each side. Other text boxes only have a resizing white box on the sides. On these latter boxes, the box just resizes automatically as you type, which is no good if you have more text for your font than the slide allows.

How can get text boxes that have exclusively 4 resizing handles? Alternatively, how can convert the two handled resizing boxes to 4 handled ones?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 3:40 PM

There are two types of text boxes:

custom text box with two handles

preset boxes with eight handles

To use custom text boxes with manual control of text size, use either of these methods:

• in the menu bar go to: Insert > Text Box
  • click the Text button on the Tool Bar

To use preset text boxes, use the text box supplied with the theme being used by clicking on the slide background and select either Title or Body style in the Format Inspector:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 3:40 PM in response to MTUser2007

There are two types of text boxes:

custom text box with two handles

preset boxes with eight handles

To use custom text boxes with manual control of text size, use either of these methods:

• in the menu bar go to: Insert > Text Box
  • click the Text button on the Tool Bar

To use preset text boxes, use the text box supplied with the theme being used by clicking on the slide background and select either Title or Body style in the Format Inspector:

Text Box - Resizing Handles - On All 4 Sides, or Just at the Top & Bottom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.