Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving playlist without download songs to library in Apple Music

I have the automatic download feature enabled for apple music. However, when I want to save a public playlist to the playlist section of my library so that I can access it at a later date. Apple Music forces me to download all of the songs to my library individually, sometimes downloading hundreds of songs at a time. Is there a method by which I can store a playlist or save it somewhere that I can access easily, without adding the songs to my library?

It seems there are many with the same question such as linked below, however, it seems the person replying misunderstood the question.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251228792

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 11:07 AM

Hello Joz_K,

We understand you'd like to add playlists to your music library without adding the songs to your library. We'd be happy to help.

To prevent songs from being added to your library when adding a playlist or when adding a song to a playlist, you can disable this feature from Settings > Music > Add Playlist Songs.

We also have a resource that should help and provide guidance on this feature: Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Joz_K

Hello Joz_K,

We understand you'd like to add playlists to your music library without adding the songs to your library. We'd be happy to help.

To prevent songs from being added to your library when adding a playlist or when adding a song to a playlist, you can disable this feature from Settings > Music > Add Playlist Songs.

We also have a resource that should help and provide guidance on this feature: Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Saving playlist without download songs to library in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.