Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a call from apple support stating hackers are going into my iCloud

I received a cal from apple saying my iCloud is being hacked from South America and China , how is that possible if I was informed I was protected with apple products ?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 9:35 AM

You are welcome.

Do note that the fact that you have an Apple device is 100% irrelevant. Those criminals making the calls have absolutely no idea what you have. They make 1000s of calls daily in the hopes of catching some unsuspecting victim.

Stay alert, stay safe.

7 replies

Feb 16, 2021 9:20 AM in response to ViestyMariaT

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Feb 16, 2021 9:32 AM in response to stedman1

Thank you , I greatly appreciate it , I thought it was odd , when I did mentioned if this a scam they said no that I had to change both my Imei numbers and I kept questioning them and told them it didn’t sound right and when I asked where they are located they said California and asked for their number when I googled area code it didn’t match what they were saying and I hung up . This is my first time having an apple product

Feb 16, 2021 9:43 AM in response to ViestyMariaT

Unfortunately, other than ignoring such calls, there is not much we can do. Blocking the numbers is very much a fools errand, as the callers can easily be pretending to call from any number. For future reference: do not interact with the the callers. If you can not ignore the call, hang up as soon as they start reciting their bogus nonsense.

Knowledge is power.

Feb 16, 2021 10:09 AM in response to ViestyMariaT

Yes, this is a common software used to allow them to access your computer. While the software does have legitimate uses, it is often the tool used by those criminals to access your computer, and then telling more lies about what they “found on your computer”. At that point they would try to sell you a software package, or plan to save the computer from certain disaster. All of which would be utter nonsense.

I received a call from apple support stating hackers are going into my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.