You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Lines When Writing w/ Apple Pencil

Hello,

I have searched the internet for this problem and found that other people have the same issue but there doesn't seem to be an adequate fix or explanation. Why does this happen? I will be writing notes for something and randomly a bunch of lines appear. It is very annoying. It happens multiple times and in different apps. Others have said the problem is alleviated when the iPad isn't plugged in or there are not a lot of bluetooth devices connected. However, the issue persists for me regardless if it is plugged in or not and the only device connected is the pencil. Help! It's SO annoying! I am using the 2020 Pro 12" and the 2nd gen pencil.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 11:19 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 18, 2021 2:45 PM in response to Grace257

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Grace257.

If we understand your post correctly, a grid appears when you are in Notes and using your Apple Pencil with your iPad. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in the "Show lines or grids in notes" section of this article:

Draw or write in Notes on iPad

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Random Lines When Writing w/ Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.