Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages export to pdf

I’ve created a photo book in Pages. It is 225 pages. When I export it to a PDF on the “better” setting, the Placement of some of the pictures is changed in the PDF. For example a picture that is on page 1 in the Pages document ends up on page 100 in the PDF. I’ve tried to export several times with the same result.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:15 PM

What happens if you 'print' to pdf with the instruction to "open in Preview".

Press command-P to open the Print dialogue,

Click on the pdf button in the lower left corner of the dialogue and choose Open in Preview.

Save the document opened in Preview.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 3:15 PM in response to Viv48r

What happens if you 'print' to pdf with the instruction to "open in Preview".

Press command-P to open the Print dialogue,

Click on the pdf button in the lower left corner of the dialogue and choose Open in Preview.

Save the document opened in Preview.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 16, 2021 1:14 PM in response to Viv48r

You have no control whatsoever in the Pages to PDF export process, and only maybe will it export correctly on the Best setting. Instead, I would look inward on a copy of that Pages document, and see what the Arrange Panel Object Placement and Text Wrap settings are on each image. With Text Wrap set to Auto, images repel one another. With Text Wrap set to None, the image should stay exactly where you placed it.

Feb 17, 2021 5:36 AM in response to Viv48r

Out of ideas for Pages as you have confirmed Text wrap is none on the images. Another suggestion, as you would have to start over, but try creating a smaller 20 page, test version of your document in Affinity Publisher (free trial from the buy panel), and then export that to PDF. Now you are using a "professional" grade application that also provides its own commercial PDF library.

If you like the result, Affinity Publisher is now half-price in the Mac App Store, and plenty of free learning videos and Publisher book (for purchase) are available from the Affinity site.

Feb 18, 2021 11:47 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for the Affinity Publisher option. I really wanted to stay with Pages so I could design the photo book on my iPad by month and then airdrop to my Mac to combine the months and then export to PDF. I’ve gone back and split my Pages document into three separate documents, exported each to PDF and then combined the three PDFs. It worked doing it this way. A little mor work but it can be done. Thank you for your help!

pages export to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.