Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad does not automatically back up

Why doesn’t my iPad back-up automatically as set?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 4:32 AM

I presume you refer to automatic backup of your iPad to iCloud.

Be aware that iCloud backup must be both enabled - and the the initial (first) backup manually initiated from iPad Settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud Backup> iCloud Backup - set to ON

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud Backup > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now

After the initial backup has completed, automatic backup should periodically take place when your iPad:

• is connected to WiFi and
  • is connected to its Power Adapter and
  • is locked

After the first backup has run, you’ll be able to configure which items are included in the iCloud backup:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Manage Storage > Backups > [This iPad] > [Choose Data to Back Up] - enable as required

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 4:32 AM in response to Chi9090

I presume you refer to automatic backup of your iPad to iCloud.

Be aware that iCloud backup must be both enabled - and the the initial (first) backup manually initiated from iPad Settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud Backup> iCloud Backup - set to ON

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud Backup > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now

After the initial backup has completed, automatic backup should periodically take place when your iPad:

• is connected to WiFi and
  • is connected to its Power Adapter and
  • is locked

After the first backup has run, you’ll be able to configure which items are included in the iCloud backup:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Manage Storage > Backups > [This iPad] > [Choose Data to Back Up] - enable as required

iPad does not automatically back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.