Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime

I have FaceTime set up on my iPhone, iPad and Mac, however when someone FaceTimes me, only my iPhone rings and my iPad and Mac show "Missed FaceTime Call"! This has been ongoing for a while. I've also realized that FaceTime uses more battery compared to other video-call apps.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:40 PM

Hi there saagarcruz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have some questions about how FaceTime works when you have multiple devices set up. Your Apple devices will work together to try to deliver your FaceTime calls intelligently. If you are using your iPhone your iPhone will ring when you receive a FaceTime call. If your iPhone is turned off and you are using another device, like your Mac, you will get your FaceTime notifications on that device first. Your other devices will show a missed call.

If you never receive your FaceTime calls on your other devices, check your Screen Time settings for any restrictions. These articles might also help:

Use FaceTime on Mac

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 6:40 PM in response to saagarcruz

Hi there saagarcruz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have some questions about how FaceTime works when you have multiple devices set up. Your Apple devices will work together to try to deliver your FaceTime calls intelligently. If you are using your iPhone your iPhone will ring when you receive a FaceTime call. If your iPhone is turned off and you are using another device, like your Mac, you will get your FaceTime notifications on that device first. Your other devices will show a missed call.

If you never receive your FaceTime calls on your other devices, check your Screen Time settings for any restrictions. These articles might also help:

Use FaceTime on Mac

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps!

FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.