Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Shared Album Setting in iOS

Hi all,

I recently enabled iCloud Photos again, (coming back from Google Photos). Anyways, for some reason I can't see any shared albums or enable the shared albums setting in the Photo App. Everything I read online suggests turning on the slider in iCloud photos or the photos app settings, but for some odd reason that setting is missing?

On my Macbook, I can see Shared Albums and add a new one, but can't do the same on iPhone.

I've tried the usual suspects:

• Restart, hard reboot
  • Turn off iCloud
  • Turn off iCloud Photos

Really weird, any help or advice would be great.

Thanks,

Bill

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 1:48 AM

Okay, after being stumped about this, I finally realized what the issue was. I have corporate management tools installed on my iPhone (inTune from Microsoft) which was somehow restricting access to it. :-/

Once I unregistered my device from the management tool, the setting appeared. :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 1:48 AM in response to BillC77

Okay, after being stumped about this, I finally realized what the issue was. I have corporate management tools installed on my iPhone (inTune from Microsoft) which was somehow restricting access to it. :-/

Once I unregistered my device from the management tool, the setting appeared. :)

Missing Shared Album Setting in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.