Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

access Family share on ICloud

How do I link into my husbands pictures? We already have Family Share but I need help to show me how to access.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:30 PM

With Family Sharing, even when sharing iCloud Storage, each persons data is private.

Family sharing does create a shared photo album and you can view an photos that are manually placed in that album. See the following from https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

and the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 2:30 PM in response to kellerem

With Family Sharing, even when sharing iCloud Storage, each persons data is private.

Family sharing does create a shared photo album and you can view an photos that are manually placed in that album. See the following from https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

and the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

access Family share on ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.