Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you charge your iPad faster

I’m using iPad Air iOS 12.0 and it’s charging slow. It’s charging 3% in 8 minutes. Is there a way to charger faster than that?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 4:11 PM

The charging rate that you quote does not appear to be unusual. Consider that charging rate will be slower above 80% of maximum charge.

Your first generation iPad Air does not support USB-PD Fast Charging. The iPad Air1 will charge at its fastest supported rate when connected to a Power Adapter rated at 12W (i.e., 2.4A @5V).

The iPad Air was supplied, new, with a 12W Power Adapter.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 4:11 PM in response to Ga180

The charging rate that you quote does not appear to be unusual. Consider that charging rate will be slower above 80% of maximum charge.

Your first generation iPad Air does not support USB-PD Fast Charging. The iPad Air1 will charge at its fastest supported rate when connected to a Power Adapter rated at 12W (i.e., 2.4A @5V).

The iPad Air was supplied, new, with a 12W Power Adapter.

How do you charge your iPad faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.