Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air

my MacBook Air keeps restarting, and I get a black screen that says your computer has restarted because of a problem. I took it to the shop twice and it has the latest update, and I don't have any devices connected to it. They even deleted everything on it I only have Microsoft word and powerpoint on it now.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 11:13 PM

It appears that the repair center deleted and re-installed macOS. That did not help. You have MS Word and MS Powerpoint. Did the computer restart even when Word and Powerpoint were not installed? If YES and the repair shop was not successful then this may be a hardware issue. If the MacBook Air did not keep restarting when Word or Powerpoint were not installed then you may want remove those apps and install everything else that you use first and see whether that helps and troubleshoot from there.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 11:13 PM in response to c4127

It appears that the repair center deleted and re-installed macOS. That did not help. You have MS Word and MS Powerpoint. Did the computer restart even when Word and Powerpoint were not installed? If YES and the repair shop was not successful then this may be a hardware issue. If the MacBook Air did not keep restarting when Word or Powerpoint were not installed then you may want remove those apps and install everything else that you use first and see whether that helps and troubleshoot from there.

Axel F.

MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.