Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to merge call/conference call from my iphone 12, VOLTE is off

I am unable to merge call/conference call from my iphone 12, VOLTE is off.

kindly email reply at

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 12:32 AM

You can leave VoLTE ON or OFF and that should not affect whether you can add / conference another person into your conversation.

I recommend that you contact your cellular service provider and ask them why you are not able to add people to your conversations. They control this feature so they should have a fix for you.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 12:32 AM in response to hamiiii

You can leave VoLTE ON or OFF and that should not affect whether you can add / conference another person into your conversation.

I recommend that you contact your cellular service provider and ask them why you are not able to add people to your conversations. They control this feature so they should have a fix for you.

Axel F.

Feb 17, 2021 11:44 PM in response to hamiiii

Your last sentence concerns me. If your iPhone gets too hot to touch (You said it burned your hand) then you should have it examined at the Apple Store or at the Authorized Service Center.

You can quickly try the following as well:

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

I am unable to merge call/conference call from my iphone 12, VOLTE is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.