Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard doesn’t come up on safari

I pull up google search and my keyboard doesn’t appear. Nothing works. Any ideas?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 5:45 PM

Greetings, Robinell1001!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand you're unable to see your keyboard on your iPad when trying to type in a search bar. We'll be happy to lend a hand with this!

We have a few questions to help the community better understand what's going on:

• Does this only happen when using Google Search? Is this being used in Safari or another web browser?
  • Are you able to see the keyboard on screen when typing in Messages or another app?
  • Are you connected to a physical keyboard when trying to type on your iPad?

If you haven't already, go ahead and force close the affected apps, then test is the keyboard appears. If you have any accessories attached, like a physical keyboard, please remove those and also test.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

You'll also want to check if you have any third-party keyboards installed. If you do, uninstall them and check to see if the behavior continues. You'll see the steps to uninstall under "Add or delete a third-party keyboard app":

About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Feel free to post an update and more details for continued support.

Best wishes!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 5:45 PM in response to Robinell1001

Greetings, Robinell1001!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand you're unable to see your keyboard on your iPad when trying to type in a search bar. We'll be happy to lend a hand with this!

We have a few questions to help the community better understand what's going on:

• Does this only happen when using Google Search? Is this being used in Safari or another web browser?
  • Are you able to see the keyboard on screen when typing in Messages or another app?
  • Are you connected to a physical keyboard when trying to type on your iPad?

If you haven't already, go ahead and force close the affected apps, then test is the keyboard appears. If you have any accessories attached, like a physical keyboard, please remove those and also test.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

You'll also want to check if you have any third-party keyboards installed. If you do, uninstall them and check to see if the behavior continues. You'll see the steps to uninstall under "Add or delete a third-party keyboard app":

About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Feel free to post an update and more details for continued support.

Best wishes!

My keyboard doesn’t come up on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.