Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Apple Music on iOS 14.4 iPhone

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS14.4. Every time I get in my truck, Apple Music starts playing. It will even play right over the top of YouTube or Podbean. I have tried everything to get rid of this and can't figure it out. My vehicle does not support CarPlay.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 12:59 PM

How do I shut off or delete Apple Music? That is the question. Every Bluetooth device I have starts playing Apple Music as soon as it connects. I didn't sign up for or even want or like Apple Music. It even plays over top of YouTube, Podbean and Spotify and I cannot get it to stop. That cannot possibly be expected behavior.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Matthew.S81

How do I shut off or delete Apple Music? That is the question. Every Bluetooth device I have starts playing Apple Music as soon as it connects. I didn't sign up for or even want or like Apple Music. It even plays over top of YouTube, Podbean and Spotify and I cannot get it to stop. That cannot possibly be expected behavior.

Feb 20, 2021 7:26 PM in response to BGIII

Hello BGIII,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

If we understand, each time you get in your truck, your iPhone automatically connects, and the Music app opens.

Your iPhone is set to connect when a Bluetooth device it’s paired with is in range. To stop it from connecting, you will want to unpair the iPhone from your truck, and only pair it when you want to use it.

For details, see Set up and listen to Bluetooth devices on iPhone.

Another thing you may want to check on, is seeing if your truck has a feature that will turn off the automatic pairing.

Reach back out if you have further questions.

Take care!

Feb 21, 2021 9:17 AM in response to KMB_12

The problem is that I do want the phone to connect to the truck. What I don’t want is for Apple Music to automatically play. I want to know how to shut off Apple Music, not my Bluetooth connection. Apple Music literally plays at the same time as other apps that I am trying to use. It is really frustrating and I cannot figure out how to make it stop.

How do I turn off Apple Music on iOS 14.4 iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.