Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

catalina update photos dissa

i updated my mac to catalina, and my photos have dissapeared?

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 2:29 PM

Hi,

What version of MacOS did you update from?

To find your library:

First try opening photos while holding the option key. Is more than one library listed. If so, open them in turn to see if any contain your photos.

If not, then use the spotlight search to see if there are any other libraries (search in finder). Put photoslibrary in the searchbox.

Make sure "this mac" is selected.

If you click on the found libraries in turn, the location will be shown at the bottom of the finder window. Open each one to see if they contain your images. (Use the option key to start photos then select the library)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 2:29 PM in response to vespascooter1

Hi,

What version of MacOS did you update from?

To find your library:

First try opening photos while holding the option key. Is more than one library listed. If so, open them in turn to see if any contain your photos.

If not, then use the spotlight search to see if there are any other libraries (search in finder). Put photoslibrary in the searchbox.

Make sure "this mac" is selected.

If you click on the found libraries in turn, the location will be shown at the bottom of the finder window. Open each one to see if they contain your images. (Use the option key to start photos then select the library)

catalina update photos dissa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.