Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant fetch new emails

AOL stopped fetching new Mail, pop up says: cannot get mail. The mail server “imap.AOL.com” is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account information in mail settings.

my settings are correct. When this has happened in the past, it usually resets itself after a day or so, and I’ve tried turning the iPad off and on. It’s been a week.

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 11:36 AM

modon wrote:

AOL stopped fetching new Mail, pop up says: cannot get mail. The mail server “imap.AOL.com” is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account information in mail settings.
my settings are correct. When this has happened in the past, it usually resets itself after a day or so, and I’ve tried turning the iPad off and on. It’s been a week.

AOL updated their security to require app-specific password, contact aol or look at their support site for more help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 11:36 AM in response to modon

modon wrote:

AOL updated their security to require app-specific password, contact aol or look at their support site for more help.

cant fetch new emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.