Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im stuck on Activation Lock. 10 year old ipad. I have no idea what the email was nor the password.

Ive tried everything. I cant reset it in any possible way. This was my first ipad from 10 years ago. I have no idea what the icloud email or password is. Im stuck on activation lock. I have no proof of purchase because it was so long ago. Even if i try to go for bypassing software, my ipad is too old. I want this ipad to work again instead of buying a new one. Please help me!!! Ive been looking for hours but nothing works.

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Without any of the needed info to get into or attempt a reset of this iPad or the sales receipts to confirm purchase/ownership to Apple, to be able to free this iPad from being disabled, there is simply nothing more to be done.

This is a dead and useless device now.

Sorry.

3 replies

Feb 18, 2021 1:26 PM in response to beelur1234

Look,

I understand, but I wouldn't even bother with this 10-year old iPad, any longer.

Even if you could get this iPad reset to an usable condition, there is no more support, at all, for such an old iPad, any longer.

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices well over 4 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

None!

AND, that over 5- year old, or older, default iOS Safari Web browser is too old, not secure and not safe to use to access the Internet, any longer.

There are virtually NO MORE third party Web browsers left for 8-10 year old iPads!

Simply put, your 10-year old iPad is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially going into 2021!

It's 2021 now!

You really need to seriously consider a purchase of a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or online, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

A LOT has happend with iPad and iOS in the past 10 years!

iOS has turned into a more powerful and feature rich iPadOS, now.

iPads are cheaper and much more powerful and feature rich and with much larger internal data storage options today and can do much more and stay supported longer than that unsupoorted 10-year old iPad.

Best of Luck to You!

Im stuck on Activation Lock. 10 year old ipad. I have no idea what the email was nor the password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.