Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications sounds and Bluetooth

So, I am a first time iPhone user, been using Samsung phones all my life and decided in January to make the switch from Samsung Galaxy to iPhone 12 Pro. There are two issues that I am having with my iPhone: 1. I get notifications (the banner on my screen) from my apps like news apps, game apps...etc, however I do not get notification SOUNDS for all of my apps, I get notification sounds for some of them but not all of them and not all of the time, the only apps that I ALWAYS get a notification sounds from are any Apple apps like the Apple News app, Messages app, but other than that, the notification sounds for my other apps are not consistent, most of the time I do not get notification sounds. I've checked my notifications settings including "Sounds & Haptics" settings, I've also gone into each app and make sure that my notifications settings are set on "On" (remember I do get the notification banners for all my apps just not the notification sound). I've gone spoken to Apple support and even gone to the to the Apple store to have this looked at with both Apple phone support and Apple associate verifying that settings are correct. I've done a hard reset on my phone (while on the phone with Apple support and again while at the Apple store) as well and that hasn't helped. Issue #2 - My Bluetooth keeps connecting to my earbuds (not Apple), after I am done using my earbuds I will turn them off and place them in their case, all of a sudden my Bluetooth connects back to them, this happens a couple of times a day. Today I was on a conference call using my phones speaker and all of I couldn't hear anyone and that was because my phone connected to my earbuds again, I had to go into my settings and disconnect the earbuds, mind you that earbuds are in another room and turned off... These two issues are so frustrating, I am aware that most people have the sound turned off for their notifications and that's their preference just like it is my preference to be able to hear a sound when I receive a notification, and I don't like my iPhone connecting to my earbuds through out the day specially since the earbuds are turned off. If I am paying all this money for this phone, it should be able to do what I set it to do. These issues are making me question if I made the right choice by switching to an iPhone....

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 7:15 AM

Issues have NOT been solved..

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 21, 2021 7:14 AM in response to MichaelB2019

You obviously did not read my post. Everything that you suggested I do to resolve both my issues has been done, not only by me but by Apple Support via phone chat with Apple associate and via Apple associate at the actual Apple store and nothing has worked. I still have the same two issues: I RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS ON MY PHONE I JUST DON’T RECEIVE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS AND MY PHONE KEEPS CONNECTING TO MY EARBUDS VIA BLUETOOTH EVEN THOUGH MY EARBUDS ARE TURNED OFF.

Feb 21, 2021 6:07 AM in response to Atheos_1

Hi Atheos_1,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with receiving Notifications and Bluetooth connecting to your earbuds on your new iPhone.

Check out this article: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

"If you don't see notifications for a specific app

To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
  2. If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID
  4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off
  5. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications."

Also see: Set up and listen to Bluetooth devices on iPhone.

"Bypass your Bluetooth device for calls

To use the iPhone receiver or speaker for calls, do any of the following:

• Answer a call by tapping the iPhone screen.
  • During a call, tap Audio, then choose iPhone or Speaker Phone.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth device, unpair it, or move out of range.
  • Go to Settings , tap Bluetooth, then turn off Bluetooth."

Have a fantastic day!

Notifications sounds and Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.