Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone

if My Apple Watch is using gps & cellular, can I track it on find my iPhone ? Or would my iphone m have to be close by in order to do that?

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:31 PM

Yes you can track it with "Find My" without your iPhone nearby. This applies to both the GPS and GPS+Cellular models. For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

"When you use Find My, your Apple Watch with GPS and cellular can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi or cellular connection to show you its approximate location. Apple Watch with GPS can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi connection. Since Apple Watch Series 1 doesn't have GPS, you'll see the location of your paired iPhone or its Wi-Fi connection."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 3:31 PM in response to ionamardei97

Yes you can track it with "Find My" without your iPhone nearby. This applies to both the GPS and GPS+Cellular models. For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

"When you use Find My, your Apple Watch with GPS and cellular can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi or cellular connection to show you its approximate location. Apple Watch with GPS can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi connection. Since Apple Watch Series 1 doesn't have GPS, you'll see the location of your paired iPhone or its Wi-Fi connection."

Find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.